drives our global economy and flows through our company infrastructure
as business decisions are made, products are sold and money
trades hands. Almost everything we do on a daily basis involves
database technology and the information it empowers.
is a sampling of our Database Design services:
- Application Data Integration
- Data Modeling and Structures
- Database Management
- Data Mining and Collaboration
- SQL Application Queries
- Data Conversion
- Unstructured Data Discovery
- Data Loads
JVA is well-versed in logical and physical database modeling
having built database driven applications available over
the web for the past 12 years.
- At the logical data modeling level, we attempt to describe
the data in as much detail as possible, without regard
to how they will be physically implemented in the database.
Our concepts on logical data modeling:
- Includes all entities and relationships among them
- All attributes for each entity are specified
- The primary key for each entity is specified
- Foreign keys (keys identifying the relationship between
different entities) are specified
- Normalization occurs at this level
- At the physical modeling level, we will specify how the
logical data model will be realized in the database schema.
Our concepts on physical data modeling include:
- Specification of all tables and columns
- Foreign keys are used to identify relationships between
- Denormalization may occur based on user requirements
- Physical considerations may cause the physical data model
to be quite different from the logical data model.